Tuesday, July 3, 2012

NOT TO EAT: White Horse in Rock Hill, SC

Location: The White Horse Restaurant, Rock Hill, Sc
To Eat or Not to Eat?...........DEFINITELY NOT!!

So since I like to share both positive and negative feedback, this location gets my big ol' "do-not-even-bother" rating.

We visited this restaurant in May 2012. Once again, it was a mid afternoon stop, after the lunch crowd was over and what you would think should be a relaxed time for the restaurant. The time when everything should be clean, the waitstaff should be refreshed, and the kitchen should be on top of their game. Wellll.....the only one of those attributes that even came close to being true to expectation was the waitstaff. They were soooo relaxed, they didn't even bother coming to the table to greet us, take our drink order, or hand us menus. They were soooooo relaxed that they chose to stand in a corner, sipping their sweet tea, and reminiscing about who was the most intoxicated the night before.

I had to continually flag down the hostess to ask if our waiter/waitress was coming to the table to get us started. As I begin to notice even more "uh oh's", I even took out my phone and begin to snap pictures. The floor was nasty. The few waitstaff that were actually waiting on tables had to step around spills and food garbage on the floor to keep from slipping and falling and dumping trays of food on their own customers. The manager was gabbing in the bar with one of the employees and could have cared less what the staff were doing. A bus person never once entered the restaurant to clean tables or sweep the floor. People were walking in, standing around, and eventually leaving again before even being greeted.

To top it all off, once I managed to summon someone to get the manager for me, the manager appeared at our table disgruntled because I had interrupted her gab session. Really? I show you pictures that I have just taken of your dining room AND your nasty bathroom and you want to give me attitude. Too bad for you, lady!! Thanks to your lack of professionalism and management skills, it is with great pleasure that I tell everyone that will listen.......The White Horse in Rock Hill, SC is a NO-GO! Do not waste your time or your money. You will be highly disappointed.

Soooo.......To Eat or NOT to eat? Absolutely, Positively, WITHOUT A DOUBT - NOT!!!

No Bon Appetite here.

No comments:

Post a Comment